Aeronautics Commission 2014
The WYDOT Aeronautics Commission is composed of seven members appointed by the governor with approval of the Senate. Each commissioner serves a six-year term. Each county within a district is represented, in turn, by successive appointments. State law requires the minority party be represented on the commission. The Aeronautics Commission governs activities of the Aeronautics Division of WYDOT. The commission holds quarterly meetings generally in November, January, May and September at various state locations, and holds monthly teleconferences on the third Tuesday of the month during the rest of the year.
Pete Schoonmaker of Sheridan is the current chair of the Commission. The other commission positions are filled by Jerry Dilts of Gillette, Charlie Ksir of Laramie, Vince Tomassi of Kemmerer, Doyle Vaughan of Jackson, Chuck Wilkie of Worland, and John Vincent of Riverton.
The Wyoming Aeronautics Commission mission, working within the Commission Policy Guidelines, is to:
“To enhance the economic well-being and quality of life in Wyoming by working with public and private partners to produce a safe and efficient aviation system.”
For more information, contact:
Aeronautics Commission Secretary
200 E. 8th Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340
Wyoming Aeronautics Commission 2014 Business Meetings:
- February 16 - 17, 2014 - Held in conjuction with the Wyoming Airport Operator's Association Legislative Reception
- May 22 - 23 - Gillette/Hulett - Annual Airport/Bus Tour
- September 24-26 - Laramie - Held in conjunction with the Wyoming Airport Operator's Association Annual Conference
- November 20-21 - Cheyenne - Annual Budget Workshop
- Note: Monthly teleconferences are held on the third Tuesday of the month during the rest of the year.
The most current agenda will be posted approximately 1 week prior to the scheduled meeting.
For Addional Information:
For additional information on meetings or to get teleconference call-in information, please contact the Division at 307-777-3952.
Meeting Minutes for the Current Month will be posted after Commission Approval at the Following Business Meeting.