Airports' Planning, Construction & Air Service Updates October 2013
NADIN Connection for Non-federal AWOS: Contract was awarded to Vaisala. Equipment has been installed. FAA paperwork is in progress. Camp Guernsey ASOS has been added to the contract with Vaisala. BDO
Statewide Communications Project: Installation of GCO’s is in progress. Final paperwork is being completed. BDO
Pavement Management: We have developed a new format for pavement management. It is intended to be a collaborative development of the pavement management plan for each airport. Four airports have agreed to do a trial with us. CLB
2013 Statewide Crack Seal: Contractor has completed the punch list items and the inspector has approved their work. TPD
GIS Webpage: Phase II is underway and includes download of GIS survey information available from the FAA AGIS website. CLB/TPD
2013 5010’s: All 2013 inspections have been completed. Will begin process of entering into new contract for 2014 inspections this month. GH
2013 Design Standards Inventory Update: The system planning grant has been received from the FAA for this project. We will begin with consultant selection in the next few months. CLB
2013 Seal Coat and Marking Projects:
All work is complete. Inspectors have approved all work with the exception of Jackson Airport. Due to the colder temperatures in Jackson during this time of year, the consultant, Jacobs Engineering has allowed the contractor to finish the final paint in the spring. TPD
WACIP Equipment, Design, and Construction Projects: Listed below are projects currently in progress and grouped by project manager.
- Buffalo – Construct Taxilane: Project is being rebid.
- Casper – Construct Customs Office: Design phase. Rehab TW’s A, B1 & C: Project was awarded to Hedquist Construction of Casper, WY for $6,796,026.80.
- Cheyenne – Obstruction Survey: Consultant: SEH, Inc, Denver, CO. Work is in progress. Rubber Removal R/W 9/27 and Mark Pavements: Bid Schedules I and II were awarded to Maxwell Asphalt of Salt Lake City, UT in the amount of $304,855.00 and Bid Schedule III to Modern Electric Co. of Casper, WY in the amount of $99,370.00. Rubber removal and marking work is finished. Electrical work is ongoing.
- Cody – Expand ARFF/SRE Building. Project was awarded to Cowen Construction for $622,024. Work is approximately 90% complete. Rehab/Expand GA Apron: Project was awarded to T and T Construction of Victor, MT in the amount of $2,414,770.05. Contractor is finished paving.
- Dubois – Design of Runway Realignment: Work is in progress.
- Gillette – Replace DME and Shelter: The contract was awarded to Vaisala for $184,596. Work is in progress.
- Lander – Construct Taxilane: Project was reduced in size and rebid. Project was awarded to 71 Construction in the amount of $493,710.77. Final inspection was conducted on 9/25/13.
- Lusk – Install New Medium Intensity Runway Lighting (MIRL) System. Work is in progress.
- Newcastle – Extend Runway: Project was awarded in 2012 to DRM, Inc. of Gillette, WY. Work is finished.
- Powell – Construct New Snow Removal Equipment (SRE) Building: Project was awarded to Fisher Construction in the amount of $542,200. Work is 90% complete.
- Rock Springs - Construct Parallel Taxiway to RW 3/21: Contractor: Lewis & Lewis, Inc., Rock Springs, WY. Work is finished. Water System Upgrades, Phase I, Furnish & install 300,000 gallon water tank: Bids were opened on October 22, 2012. Two bids were received. The low bid is in the amount of $309,700.00. The engineer’s estimate is $359,750.00. Rehab Runway 3/21: Project was awarded to Lewis and Lewis of Rock Springs, WY in the amount of $975,357.77. Work is finished.
- Thermopolis – Construct New Airport Phase II (Access roads, Fencing, Demolition & Earthwork): Contractor: High Country Construction, Lander, WY. A final inspection was conducted on 9/25/13.Phase III (Earthwork, Drainage, Paving & Electrical): Project was awarded to Reed construction of Scottsbluff, NE for $6,784,990.26. BDO
- Casper – ARFF Training: Under grant. Acquire Blower: Project was re-bid and has been awarded to M-B Companies in the amount of $692,755. Equipment delivered and project is in closeout process.
- Riverton – Dump Truck and Plow – Project received only one bidder and was awarded to Jack’s Truck and Equipment in the amount of $240,426.00. This represents a 0.2% increase over the engineer’s estimate.
- Sheridan – Purchase SRE (Blower) – Bids received and notice of award given to M-B Companies in the amount of $675,339. GH
IFP New Procedures: Information from FAA IFP Production Plan. Link: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/procedures/application/
POY Powell –
RNAV(GPS) RWY 13, ORIG, Published 9/19/2013
RNAV(GPS) RWY 31, ORIG, Published 9/19/2013
U68 Cowley/Lovell/Byron/North Big Horn County –
RNAV (GPS) RWY 9, ORIG, Scheduled Publication 01/09/14
7V6 Camp Guernsey-
RNAV(GPS) RWY 32, ORIG, Scheduled Publication 2/6/2014
Priority Rating Model (PRM) Update and Task Force: The second TF meeting scheduled for October 3-4, in Casper, was canceled due to weather. The next TF meeting is scheduled for October 28-29, in Casper. CY
WACIP Annual Update: Division review of the WACIP updates is underway. FAA coordination meetings are scheduled to happen in Cheyenne, October 17-18. CY
Planning projects: The following projects are currently under way in the Planning and Programming Program.
- Afton – The Land Acquisition project for AWOS relocation is nearing completion.
- Big Piney – The project for Land and Easement Acquisition has been approved and will be starting. The Sponsor is advertising for planning and engineering consultants.
- Casper – The Sponsor has selected a planning firm to begin work on the new master plan and Wildlife Hazard Assessment plan projects. The initial start-up meeting with the Sponsors, FAA and staff was held.
- Cheyenne – The master plan is now 85% complete. An EA for the potential new terminal at Cheyenne is 75% complete.
- Dixon – The Sponsor has advertised for planning and engineering consultant selection and a firm has been hired.
- Douglas – The first three chapters for the master plan have been reviewed and approved by staff and FAA.
- Dubois – Land acquisition appraisals are underway. Consultants have submitted a Scope and fee to work with the Sponsor on the Appraisal and an EA for land acquisition. The Town and consultants have been in contact with the FAA to determine exact scope for the EA. An appraisal was completed and is under review.
- FT. Bridger – The Sponsor has selected consultants for the new master plan. The Scope has been reviewed by the FAA and staff.
- Gillette – The Airport is pursuing the purchase of a box hangar. The Appraisal and Review Appraisal have been received by staff and the FAA.
- Green River – The Sponsor is currently interviewing for airport planning and engineering consultants.
- Greybull – The master plan is now underway, a third public meeting was held; alternatives presented.
- Jackson – An ALP Update portion of the Operations Enhancement Study is underway. A draft of the drawings have been submitted to the Division and FAA for review.
- Kemmerer – The Sponsor is currently advertising for Qualification Statements from consultants to develop airport planning and engineering documents.
- Lander – The land acquisition project (old rodeo grounds) is underway and the Sponsor selected EA consultants have been developing the EA for relocating the rodeo grounds facilities. Four potential sites were being evaluated in more detail by the Sponsor. The Land Acquisition Committee has made a recommendation to select one preferred site. An Amendment to the current Scope was approved by the Commission to fund one, final EA, at the preferred site.
- Newcastle – Two planning projects are underway: an EA for runway extension and a terminal area plan. Consultants have been selected and have been working on the EA components. The initial start-up meeting for the terminal area plan was held at the airport.
- Rock Springs – The Master Plan is approximately 75% complete. Consultants for the Wildlife Hazard Assessment project have been selected, and a Scope of Work has been submitted for review and approved by the Sponsor and staff.
- Saratoga – The master plan project has started. Two public meetings have been held. The project is approximately 65% complete.
- Thermopolis – The County has purchased the property for the replacement airport. The process is now underway to identify the affected landowner facilities to be relocated.
- Torrington – The Sponsor has selected Planning Consultants to start a new master plan. The initial start-up meeting was held and the project is underway.
- Wheatland – The Town is going forward with land acquisition projects, their consultant has received FAA approval for the EA process and will help the town with the land acquisition. JM
AIR SERVICE UPDATE
No new update for October.
UPCOMING EVENTS & MEETINGS:
PRM Task Force
2nd Meeting – October 3-4, 2013. Casper-Natrona County International Airport conference room. – Cancelled due to inclement weather.
3rd Meeting – October 28-29, 2013. Casper-Natrona County International Airport conference room.
Pine Bluffs Municipal Airport Joint Planning Conference. November 6, 2013 8:00 AM. Meeting location, to be determined.
Lusk Municipal Airport Joint Planning Conference. November 6, 2013 2:00 PM. Meeting location, to be determined.
Mondell Field (Newcastle) Joint Planning Conference. November 7, 2013 9:00 AM. Meeting location, to be determined.