RiderCoach Instructor Training
We will begin accepting applications for the 2017 RiderCoach Preparation Course in November 2016.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have been a licensed driver for the last five years, with a reasonably clean driving record
- Currently OWN and OPERATE a motorcycle on a regular basis
- Note: Any DUI in the last 5 years will automatically disqualify the applicant
To complete RiderCoach training and become certified in Wyoming, you must commit to and successfully complete each of 4 steps:
1. You must attend a weekend pre-qualification class in March 2017. There will be multiple sessions to accommodate the largest possible number of applicants, but you will only need to attend one of them. Up to 14 applicants from the pre-qualification sessions will be offered seats for the RiderCoach Prep Course (RCP).
2. If offered a seat in the RCP, you must attend a regularly scheduled class in April, May or early June as a student observer. You will interact with the training staff and have an opportunity to ask questions pertaining to the curriculum.
3. You must attend the formal and intensive training portion of the RCP. It will consist of two three-day weekends held in June 2016. These dates are not flexible and you must attend all sessions on both weekends.
4. You will be required to complete student teaching on a regular class within four weeks after the end of the formal RCP.
You can apply online to become a Rider Coach, or call WYDOT 888-570-9904 (statewide toll free) or 307-777-4874