Rider Coach (Instructor)
This course is designed to test the skill and aptitude of the applicants for their potential for successful completion of 9-day Rider Coach training course and integration into the Rider Coach corps. Applications are now being accepted for potential new Rider Coaches.
This pre-qualification class will consist of:
- 1 ½ days of pre-qualification sessions
- An overview of the curriculum
- Discussions of necessary Rider Coach qualifications
- Program expectations
- Required Rider Coach commitments
- Exercises, both in the classroom and on motorcycles
Applicants meeting the criteria will go on to participate in an intensive Rider Coach training course. Successful completion of the course will qualify the applicant to assist experienced Rider Coaches in teaching the Basic Rider Class.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have been a licensed driver for the last five years, with a reasonably clean driving record
- Currently OWN and OPERATE a motorcycle on a regular basis
- Note: Any DUI in the last 5 years will automatically disqualify the applicant
You can apply online to become a Rider Coach, or call WYDOT 888-570-9904 777-4874