Rider Coach (Instructor)
This course is designed to test the skill and aptitude of the applicants for their potential for successful completion of 9-day Rider Coach training course and integration into the Rider Coach corps. Applications are now being accepted for potential new Rider Coaches.
This pre-qualification class will consist of:
- 1 ½ days of pre-qualification sessions
- An overview of the curriculum
- Discussions of necessary Rider Coach qualifications
- Program expectations
- Required Rider Coach commitments
- Exercises, both in the classroom and on motorcycles
Applicants meeting the criteria will go on to participate in an intensive Rider Coach training course. The course is scheduled in 2010 for June 11-13 and June 18-20. Successful completion of the course will qualify the applicant to assist experienced Rider Coaches in teaching the Basic Rider Class.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have been a licensed driver for the last five years, with a reasonably clean driving record
- Currently OWN and OPERATE a motorcycle on a regular basis
- Note: Any DUI in the last 5 years will automatically disqualify the applicant
Rider Coach Update
The fee for the Rider Coach (Instructor Education) Course is $25 for Wyoming residents and $125 for non-residents.
You can apply for the course online, or call the Wyoming Department of Transportation at (888) 570-9904 or 777-4874 in Cheyenne.