Accident Procedures Questions? Call 307-777-4800 option # 7 for a representative, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, closed holidays.
What do I do if I am involved in a crash?
As of July 1, 2013, no action is required. Insurance on all drivers is verified online. If we are unable to verify your insurance online, you will be contacted via United State Postal Service mail requesting additional information.
I received a "Notice of an Uninsured Accident Suspension". What do I do now?
- Submit a notarized release from the other party(s) involved in the accident stating they are not holding you liable for their damages and/or injuries, or that you have made restitution to them;
- Submit a conditional release signed by you and the other party(s) and notarized stating an agreement has been made for you to make payments for their damages and/or injuries;
- Submit security in the form of a certified check (no personal checks), a surety bond, or a certificate of deposit, duly assigned to the Department in the total amount listed in the "Notice of Uninsured Accident Suspension" letter. One year from the date of the accident, you will be entitled to a refund of your cash deposit provided there are no judgments against you.
How do I avoid an uninsured accident suspension?
By following a few simple steps:
- Always keep your automobile insured according to Wyoming State Laws.
- When driving another person's vehicle, it is your responsibility to make sure that the vehicle is insured and you are covered as a driver of said vehicle.