Wyoming Department of Transportation

Driving Records

How do I get a copy of my driving record?

Obtaining  a copy of your own driving record:

Fee: $5 (Government agencies are exempt.)

In Person: Appear in person at your Wyoming driver examination station and present your Wyoming driver license or identification card as proof of identification.  

By Mail: Send a written request to:  Wyoming Department of Transportation - Driver Services, Driving Records, 5300 Bishop Blvd., Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340. Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request.

Download "Release of Driving Record & Personal Information" form OR send a written request which includes your full name, date of birth, Wyoming driver license number or social security number. All requests must include the $5 fee - check or money order payable to WYDOT. Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request.

Obtaining a copy of someone else's driving record: 

Fee: $5 (Government agencies are exempt.)

The proper form(s) must be completed and submitted to Driver Services to authorize the release of personal and/or driver history information.

The "Driver History & Privacy Disclosure Release" form is required when a requestor meets one or more of the authorized usage requirements as defined by the Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act, and information received will NOT be resold or disclosed to a third party. This form will be required EACH time a request is made.  If you cannot comply with this form, the licensee's written permission is required; use form DSFR-11E. Do NOT submit both forms. Please allow 7-10 business days to process your request.

NOTE: An Agreement & Contract must be on file with WYDOT to re-sell or re-disclose information received to third-party users. A written request detailing the business needs must be made to Wyoming Department of Transportation, Driver Services, Attn: Renee Krawiec, 5300 Bishop Blvd., Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340.


What information is on a driving record?

Three (3) years of history for moving violations, uninsured accidents, compulsory insurance violations, administrative per se and refusals, nonresident violator compact violations and proof of financial responsibility withdrawals; AND,  

Five (5) years of history for driving under the influence, reckless driving, accident judgments, vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an injury accident, a felony which is a result of manner of driving and transporting liquor to a minor convictions and withdrawals.

NOTE: If your employer requires a 10-year history, or you need one for other purposes, you must specifically indicate you need a 10-year record in your written request.

Back to Top