Steps to take if you are a victim of identity theft:
- Notify your local law enforcement agency;
- Notify your issuing driver exam office;
- Notify creditors and merchants;
- Notify your bank(s);
- Notify the Social Security Administration;
- Notify the Federal Trade Commission (FTC); and
- Notify the U.S. Passport Agency.
Wyoming driver license and identification card holders
If you are a victim of identity theft, to obtain a new driver license or ID card with a different assigned number, you must first:
- File a written report with your local law enforcement agency, and
- Present a copy of the report along with any other documentation that will verify your identity, and
- Complete an application form and pay the renewal fee.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Phone number where you can be reached during the day
- Driver license or ID card number and state where the card was issued
If you suspect that you may be a victim of identity theft, you may wish to check your credit report with any one or all of the primary credit reporting agencies. Just click on the links below.