Identity Theft

Steps to take if you are a victim of identity theft:

Wyoming driver license and identification card holders
If you are a victim of identity theft, to obtain a new driver license or ID card with a different assigned number, you must first:  

  • File a written report with your local law enforcement agency, and 
  • Present a copy of the report along with any other documentation that will verify your identity, and
  • Complete an application form and pay the renewal fee.
The report you file with law enforcement must indicate that your driver license or identification card information has been compromised. If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact a representative at (307) 777-4871.
Out-of-state victims of identity theft  
To inquire concerning the fraudulent use of your identity in Wyoming, send a written request and a copy of the report filed with your local law enforcement agency to:
WYDOT – Driver Services
Fraud Investigation Unit
5300 Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340
Once the request is received, you will be contacted by our Fraud Unit supervisor. Your request must contain the following information:
  • Full name
  • Date of birth
  • Social Security number
  • Address
  • Phone number where you can be reached during the day
  • Driver license or ID card number and state where the card was issued
For security reasons, information concerning identity theft cases is not released using e-mail or over the Internet.

If you suspect that you may be a victim of identity theft, you may wish to check your credit report with any one or all of the primary credit reporting agencies. Just click on the links below.

External Links Disclaimer