How do I get a driver's license to drive for work during my suspension?

Record Review request form. Please ensure you put your CORRECT ADDRESS so you will receive all paperwork and letters. Also, mark the option for a record review for a Probationary license - not a hearing.

You must send in a written request and $15 for a record review. A review of your record will be conducted to determine if you are eligible for a probationary license. If you are eligible, the necessary forms will be sent to you to be completed. The forms must be returned as soon as possible, along with the $50 fee for a probationary driver's license to be issued. If the suspension is alcohol related, you will be required to get an alcohol counselor assessment before a probationary driver's license can be issued. If an SR-22 is required, it must be on file before a probationary license can be issued.

How much does it cost to get a probationary driver's license?

The initial fee for a record review to determine if you're eligible for a probationary license is $15. If you are approved there would be an additional issuance fee of $50.

Will I be notified by mail if I am approved for a probationary license?

Yes, you will either be sent an acceptance letter and a packet of forms OR a denial letter explaining why a probationary license cannot be issued.

Does everyone have to go to counseling prior to being issued a probationary license?

Yes, if you are applying for a probationary license for an alcohol related offense, you will have to have an alcohol assessment completed by a counselor.

Do I have to attend a DUI class even if the court says I don't have to?

Yes, if you are approved for a probationary license for an alcohol related offense, the Department's minimum requirement is a standard DUI class. However, if the counselor recommends additional treatments, you must complete those too.

Direct link for Certified Provider Search

If I am issued a probationary license and something needs changed on it, what do I do?

You would need to send a letter to the Department explaining the circumstances. If the change is one that can be added, we will mail you a new application and any other documents that may apply. The reissuance fee is $50.

If I have two moving violation suspensions, can I have a probationary license for both?

No, you can only have one probationary license in a five year period, covering one suspension only.

For what reasons would I be denied a probationary driver's license?

  1. If your driver license is expired or you have never been issued a license.

  2. If a prior probationary license had been issued in the previous 5 years

  3. If you are currently under a suspension or other action in Wyoming or other state

  4. If you are currently under a suspension that can be taken care of by yourself. Examples include paying a fine with a court, paying the reinstatement fee,  taking steps as outlined to clear an accident suspension

  5. If the current action is an administrative Suspension, a second or subsequent Driving Under the Influence conviction, a revocation, disqualification, or denial.

  6. If your Commercial Driver License privileges are disqualified, you would have to drop down to a Class C license prior to being issued the probationary driver's license.

  7. If you have an Ignition Interlock Requirement.