Requirements for reinstating your driving privilege
Once you have completed your suspension period, you may be eligible for reinstatement. Eligibility is determined by the following criteria:
- Your suspension period has ended and there are no additional suspendable offenses pending.
- If your offense requires the filing of an SR-22 insurance form, you must have filed that through your insurance company.
- You have paid the required reinstatement fee.
Wyoming law requires a reinstatement fee of $50 be assessed for all suspensions, except for nonpayment of child support suspensions which is a $5 fee. Both the $50 and the $5 can be applicable at the same time if the child support suspension coincides with another action requiring the $50 fee.
You may pay the reinstatement fee as follows:
- In person - pay the fee at your local driver exam office.
- By mail - send the required fee by personal check, money order, or certified funds to: WYDOT-Driver Services, 5300 Bishop Blvd., Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340 (the check must include your full name and driver license number and/or date of birth).
- By phone - call a representative at (307) 777-4800 option #7 to pay by credit card.
NOTE: Never send cash through the mail.