Wyoming Department of Transportation

Operating Authority Requirement Application and Information

Taxi/Shuttle Service Contract - Motor Carrier Operating Authority

How to Obtain Operating Authority for a Taxi/Shuttle Service

  • Submit an application for Contract Motor Carrier Operating Authority.
  • Submit the $50 application fee.
  • Have your insurance provider file a Form E Insurance filing with WYDOT, indicating you carry a minimum $500,000 Commercial Insurance/Bodily Injury Policy.
  • Once issued, Operating Authority remains in effect until cancelled by the carrier or revoked by WYDOT for failure to file the insurance policy requirements or for other violations.

Back to Top