Wyoming Department of Transportation

ID Cards

Identification Cards


Identification cards can be issued to Wyoming residents of any age. A state-certified copy of your birth certificate or valid US Passport is required to be issued an ID card. You may be asked to present another form of identification such as a driver license, vehicle registration, W-2 form, etc. Proof of residency may also required.  An adult ID card is issued in a horizontal format (as shown at right). The cost of an identification card is $10. Identification cards are issued with an expiration date of eight years.

Minor Children: Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by their parents. A state-certified copy of their birth certificate or valid US Passport is required to be issued the card. The parent may be required to show identification as well as proof of residency.  The minor must appear in person to have their photograph taken. The identification card for any person under the age of 21 years is issued in a vertical format.

Non-U.S. Citizens: The expiration date on the ID card for a "conditional resident," or other types of temporary resident statuses, must match the expiration date on the person's immigration document(s).   

Real ID requirements:  you are required to present all of the following documents:

  1. Valid U.S. passport or state-certified birth certificate **
  2. Proof of Social Security Number (W-2 form, IRS tax form, SSN card, etc.)
  3. Two (2) current forms of proof of Wyoming residency (see below under Proof of Residency)

**Legal proof of a name change (such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, etc.) if your name is now different or has changed from your birth certificate or U.S. passport.  


The following are acceptable documents for proof of residency -  any two (2):

  1. Current utility bill with your name and residential (not P.O. box) address on it;
  2. Current rental or lease agreement with your name and residential (not P.O. box) address on it;
  3. Certified voter registration certificate (containing your name and residential address - not P.O. box) displaying the stamp of the current county clerk for that county; or
  4. Vehicle registration in your name with your Wyoming residential address (not P.O. box) on it.

If you do not have these documents, you must contact Customer Service at (307) 777-4810 for assistance and information concerning other possible acceptable documents that could prove you are a resident of Wyoming.




Back to Top