2014 Priority Rating Model (PRM) Update:
The Wyoming Priority Rating Model for Project Evaluation - 2014 has been approved by the Wyoming Aeronautics Commission and is ready for use.
- Better defines each evaluation criteria and provides a list of sample projects to help airport sponsors predict the state priority for each of their projects submitted for possible state airport improvement grant funding.
- Ensures that state airport improvement grant funding is aligned with identified state goals, objectives and measures.
- Will be used to prioritized airport improvement grant requests in the upcoming 2014 Wyoming Aviation Capital Improvement Program update.
2013 Wyoming Airports
Economic Impact Study
In late 2013, the Aeronautics Division of the Wyoming Deparment of Transportation (WYDOT) completed an important research project to investigate the value to the state from airports and airport supported services.
To determine potential benefits associated with the 35 public-use commercial and general aviation airport in Wyoming, outreach to each airport was completed. This outreach included:
- Surveys of 4,000 travelers using commercial and general aviation airports
- Direct mailings to 400 businesses
- Contact with 30 statewide agencies and organizations
- Contact with 50 chambers of commerce and economic development groups
- Distribution of an online survey link via 40 media/news outlets
Results of the outreach clearly show that residents and businesses, and visitors do indeed benefit from Wyoming airports.
The summary of the benefits identified, the entire Economic Impact Executive Summary, and all of the different reports generated from this study can be found here.
200 East 8th Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Phone (307) 777-3952, Fax (307) 637-7352
Dennis Byrne, Administrator (307) 777-3952
Tory Meisel, Flight Operations Manager (307) 777-3955
Christy Yaffa, Planning and Budgeting (307) 777-3956
Cheryl Bean, Engineering (307) 777-3960
Sheri Taylor, Air Service Development Manager, (307) 777-4360
Tess Smith, Flight Scheduling (307) 777-3951
WYDOT Aeronautics Division personnel work in conjunction with members of the Aeronautics Commission to support aviation and publicly owned airports in the state.
To Schedule a flight on the state plane - Please see the Flight Operations Program .