The Utilities Section is the principal organization within WYDOT for providing utility adjustments and new utility services. It is responsible for the investigation and conflict resolution for utility companies affected by WYDOT construction projects and/or maintenance activities. This section in conjunction with the district offices regulates utility companies wishing to use WYDOT's right of way as a utility corridor. The Utilities Section is in the headquarters building in Cheyenne.
The WYDOT Utility Accommodation Regulation governs all facilities within the highway right of way. This link includes the cover sheet and appendices. There are three changes worth noting: In April 1991, Laws 1991, CH 241, Section 2, changed the State Highway Commission of Wyoming to the Transportation Commission of Wyoming and the Wyoming Highway Department became the Wyoming Department of Transportation. In October 2006, the Form E-54 was replaced by the Form M-54. The most recent M-54 is included in the regulation.
The M-54 license packet (formerly E-54), in fillable PDF format, contains the majority of the utility license forms required to place a utility within WYDOT right of way. In order to acquire unique stipulations, the utility company must contact the appropriate WYDOT district office in which the facility is to be placed and submit the M-54 license forms to that office.
The M-21 Permit packet in fillable PDF format, contains the general instructions, the State district map, and the Form M-21. This Permit is used for maintenance and repairs of M-54 licensed facilities as well as adding service taps to existing licensed facilities. The M-21 must be submitted to the appropriate district office.
- The Shared Resource Agreement is used in conjunction with the M-54 for Interstate parallel encroachments of fiber optic facilities.
- 2013 Maintenance Section Reference Book lists all state highways by both the ML route used by WYDOT (example ML-23B) and the national highway system number, (example ML-23B is US 30). All intersections with other highways, interchanges, separations, as well as WYDOT facilities are listed by reference marker (milepost) by county.
- Traffic Control for Roadway Work Operations 2011 edition
- The Utility Section Handbook lists the Utility ID codes for the current companies in the Utility Database. It also includes historical company information, and abbreviations and descriptions for Encroachment Types, Facilities Types, Folder Types, and Utilities Class Codes.
- When a Material Test Report (MTR) or other certification that American Steel was used is not available, please complete and return the appropriate Buy American Certification Form: Adjustment Agreement. Service Agreement.
- Typical Section for using in license and permit exhibits.
- A state map with contact information for each district.
- For information on how to read WYDOT Plans please consult the Plans Reading Course
- For information on the Utilities Section responsibilities, Adjustment Agreements, Licensing information, and exhibits, please consult the Utility Procedures Course. (January 2015 edition)
- One-Call of Wyoming information.
Keri Bohlmann, P.E.
Darrel L. Seifert
Senior Utilities Officer
James A. Ditsch
Assistant Utilities Officer
Andy M. Gallegos, Jr.