Bonded Title Procedure
An applicant who is unable to provide the county clerk with a certificate of title that assigns the prior owner's interest, a notarized bill of sale or other evidence of ownership that satisfies the county clerk that the applicant owns the vehicle, a certificate of title may be issued only if:
- An affidavit of ownership form (found below) is filled out in its entirety.
- A vehicle identification number inspection is completed by law enforcement.
- A title search from the Wyoming Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Services is completed.
- If applicable, contact any lien holders identified via certified letter to request liens be released.
- If applicable, contact the previous owner via certified letter to request that a title be established and properly executed, transferring ownership to you.
- Establish the retail value of the vehicle by one of the following methods: current national appraisal guide (for example, Kelley Blue Book or NADA), from a current or past registration, or a licensed Wyoming vehicle dealer.
- A surety bond for twice the retail value shall be issued by an insurance provider-a surety bond is not required for vehicles or watercraft valued at less than $2,500.00.
- Contact your local county clerk's office to see if you meet the requirements for a bonded title.