Wyoming Department of Transportation

Government Exempt Plates

Eligibility for Exempt Plates

A public entity must:

  • submit to WYDOT a letter stating how they are funded-MUST BE FULLY FUNDED BY A MUNICIPALITY (city, county, state, etc.)
  • elect officers
  • state their authority to possess and operate the vehicle in fulfillment of it's public purpose
  • have the vehicle titled in the name of the entity

The cost of each plate is $5.  The cost to transfer a plate to a new vehicle is $2. 

For further information please contact Motor Vehicle Services at 307-777-4710.


Back to Top