Rental Vehicle Agency Compliance
Educational compliance reviews for new Wyoming rental vehicle agencies, in response to complaints, and in the course of
Regulations that Apply to Rental Vehicle Agencies
- A Rental Vehicle Agency Certificate is required for any person who rents or offers a vehicle for rental without a driver.
- Rental vehicle agencies must collect a 4% surcharge on the total dollar amount of each rental contract, before sales tax is figured.
- Wyoming rental vehicle agencies may register their rental vehicle fleet in any jurisdiction, as long as the 4% surcharge is collected on all rental vehicle contracts.
- Rental vehicle agencies may use the 4% surcharge monies collected as reimbursement for Wyoming Registration of their rental fleet.
- Any surcharge collected in excess of Wyoming registration fees for the rental fleet must be remitted to WYDOT.
- Rental vehicle agencies are required to maintain a record of all rental contracts for a period of three years, and make those records available to WYDOT upon request.