The BRASS-PAD program designs and analyzes rectangular elastomeric bridge bearing pads with or without shims, using the Load Factor Design or Load and Resistance Factor Design specifications: Method A or B.
Program capabilities include:
- Bearing analysis and iterative design capability.
- User can specify whether to iterate on pad length or thickness.
- Recommendations when bearing fails design check(s).
- Analysis with or without keeper plates.
- Analysis with or without shims.
- Calculation of layer thickness to achieve rounded pad thickness.
- AASHTO stress strain curves for durometer 50 or 60 hardness built in.
- Analysis with or without anchor bolts.