BRASS-PAD : Version 3.1 October 2014
This program is current to the AASHTO Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges, 17th Edition, 2002 and the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Secifications, 7th Edition, 2014.
The BRASS-PAD program designs and analyzes rectangular elastomeric bridge bearing pads with or without shims, using the Load Factor Design or Load and Resistance Factor Design specifications: Method A or B.
Program capabilities include:
- Bearing analysis and iterative design capability.
- User can specify whether to iterate on pad length or thickness.
- Recommendations when bearing fails design check(s).
- Analysis with or without keeper plates.
- Analysis with or without shims.
- Calculation of layer thickness to achieve rounded pad thickness.
- AASHTO stress strain curves for durometer 50 or 60 hardness built in.
- Analysis with or without anchor bolts.
Operating System Microsoft Windows™ XP (SP2 or SP3), Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1.
Microprocessor Pentium IV or higher
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Memory 16 MB required, more is better
Hard Disk Space Approximately 24 MB
Disk Drive DVD drive