Disabled Veteran Plates
A disabled veteran who receives 50% or more service connected disability compensation from the United States Department of Veteran's Affairs and who is a resident at the time of initial application and renewal application, may apply for distinctive license plates for a passenger car, pickup truck, motorcycle or multipurpose vehicle owned or leased by him upon registration of the vehicle.
Additional DV Motorcycle Plate
A disabled veteran may purchase one (1) additional pair of license plates for either a motorcycle or multipurpose vehicle upon payment of regular registration fees.
The Disabled Veteran license plates cannot be used to park in handicapped parking spaces in Wyoming. To legally park in handicap parking, a separate handicap parking placard must be obtained.
1. The vehicle must be titled in the name of the applicant, or may be joint ownership with a member of the immediate family.
2. All applications for special license plates shall be made directly to the county treasurer at least 60 days before registration of the vehicle expires.
3. All special license plates are issued once in an eight-year period and must be renewed annually no later than the last day of the annual registration month.
4. Renewals are accomplished at the county treasurer's office.
5. Upon transfer of ownership of the vehicle to which the plates were issued, the registration expires and the plates must be removed.
7. The county treasurer will forward two copies of the approved application to WYDOT, which will indicate the assigned plate number and return a copy of the application and the plates to the county treasurer.