NEW LICENSE PLATES COMING IN 2017
WYDOT will contact all Prestige Plate customers 3-6 months prior to their plate's expiration, reminding them to reapply for their Prestige Plate. All Prestige Plate customers who reapply in 2017 will have the option to keep their existing plate combination.
Personalized Prestige Plates
Personalized plates may be obtained for use on all regularly registered vehicles except:
- vehicles obtained for sale or demonstration by licensed dealers
- vehicles for which radio amateur plates are issued
- apportioned vehicles
- vehicles for which specialty plates are obtained.
- A maximum of 5 letters or combination of 5 letters, numbers, and spaces
- Only capital letters and Arabic numbers
- No symbols
- No combination with more than three (3) W's or M's (not allowed: WMWW)
- No combination of entirely numbers unless the first digit is a zero (0)
- No combination consisting entirely of numbers followed by a single alphabetic suffix (not allowed: 11A, 12B, 123C)
- No combination that spells, connotes, abbreviates, or otherwise stands for language that is obscene, vulgar, indecent, or pruriently suggestive
- No combination that duplicates a currently issued plate or conflicts with a series of letter and number combinations on a regular issue license plate.
No refund of the application fee will be given if the applicant marks the wrong vehicle type. If uncertain as to the correct type of plates to order, please contact your County Treasurer.