IRP Information and Forms
International Registration Plan (IRP)
IRP is a method of registering fleets of vehicles that travel in two or more member jurisdictions. Most U.S. statesand Canadian provinces are members of the plan.Apportionable Vehicle means (except as provided below) any power unit that is used or intended for use in two or more member jurisdictions and that is used for the transportation of people for hire or designed, used or maintained primarily for the transportation of property, and:
Recreational vehicles, vehicles displaying restricted plates, SUV's, passenger vans and government-owned vehicles are not apportionable vehicles.Trucks or truck tractors, or the power units in a combination of vehicles having a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or less, and buses used in the transportation of chartered parties are not required to register; however, they may be registered under the Plan at the option of the Registrant.Base Jurisdiction means the member jurisdiction, selected in accordance with Section 305, to which an applicant applies for apportioned registration under the plan or the member jurisdiction that issues apportioned registration to a registrant under the plan. Refer to basing requirements.
- has two axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds (11,793.401 kilograms), or
- has three or more axles, regardless of weight, or
- is used in combination, when the gross vehicle weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds (11,793.401 kilograms).
Full Reciprocity - Effective for your 2015 renewal
Full Reciprocity allows operation in any IRP jurisdiction without the trouble and expense of adding jurisdictions, or buying a trip permits.
· All Jurisdictions will be listed on your cab card
· No need to add states where you plan to travel
· No need to delete states where you don’t plan to travel
· You will be billed based on actual distance traveled
· Gather MILEAGE RECORDS (including off-road miles) from 7/1/13 TO 6/30/14. Use these actual miles to complete the pre-printed Schedule B Renewal Form. All states will print on your cab card, so only actual miles should be listed.Trip Permit information can be found here . Click on trip permits for more information.
For more information call (307)777-4829 or (307)777-4835.
2014 Application for Apportioned Registration Schedule A/C(193.08 KB)OVERNIGHT MAIL(38.97 KB)To have credentials sent FED EX or UPS, print this form, complete and include with your application.2014 New Account Checklist(265.33 KB)2014 IRP Renewal Checklist(350.85 KB)2014 IRP MANUAL(6.82 MB)Proof of Established Place of Business(269.47 KB)2015 Agreement to Prepare and Maintain Records(355.41 KB)2015 Certification of Established Place of Business or WY Residency(365.99 KB)2015 Section 15 Safety Regulations(63.79 KB)Aggressive and Fraudulent Marketing Guidance - FMCSA(443.6 KB)